Search This Blog

Friday, November 29, 2013

Tea and Tour in Miyagawa-Cho

Today I had a great time in the Miyagawa-cho hanamachi (geisha district), as I met maikosan Kikumaru in front of their Ochaya. Kikumaru-san looked very beautiful in a full ozashiki outfit. Her misedashi was, after all, just a few days ago! 

Maikosan Kikumaru of Hanafusa Okiya
We then decided to take a short walk in the beautiful cool autumn weather, and she could show me around a little. We walked the traditional narrow streets of the hanamachi. Then we came to an amazing park. It was really beautiful there, because all the trees were yellow and red! I just love autumn.

street view of Miyagawa-cho; those people who want to catch a quick glimpse of the maiko and geiko should take a walk here in the evening when maiko and geiko are attending the ozashiki parties
Then she showed me a beautiful tearoom outside. It has an incredibly beautiful view of the sea. I wish I could use another adjective instead of "beautiful", but everything in the geisha world is just so.. Well.. Beautiful.

Maikosan Kikumaru in the autumn park

We talked some time with Kikumaru-san, when maikosan Kikutsuru, the oneesan of Kikumaru-san joined us. She was wearing a full ozashiki outfit as well and they both looked stunning!

Kikutsuru-san (red hikizuri) and her little sister Kikumaru-san (blue hikizuri) of Hanafusa Okiya

Then they offered me a nice cup of tea. Is there anything better than a cup of tea and the company of beautiful maikosan? 





Kikutsuru-san 


No comments:

Post a Comment