Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Ozashiki in Kaishi Chou

Konnichiwa! Today I attended an Ozashiki in the lovely Kaishi Chou Ochaya (tea house). It was great to be in Kaishi again, after a long week of working hard. O-zashiki banquets are a great opportunity to relax, have fun and enjoy the atmosphere in a traditional Japanese setting. To all of those who haven't attended an ozashiki so far, I'd really recommend Ozashiki! You won't be disappointed.

I really had no idea that there'd be an ozashiki in Kaishi Chou at noon. I logged in three minutes to twelve and was suddenly invited to join an Ozashiki. I'll never say no to a karyukai event! So I immediately rushed to Kaishi Chou and to the ochaya. There was a young, perhaps very new, shikomisan (a young apprentice) who opened the door to me and a few other guests.

I took off my shoes and met the maiko who were in the ochaya. And, there was maikosan Hoshiteru! It was great to see her, because I really enjoyed the Ozashiki with her and Hoshiko-san last week.
In the Kaishi Chou Ochaya
I was served some hot Ocha, or traditional green tea, in the cold autumn day. We talked and laughed for a while. Then I met minaraisan Tsukiyumi. I heard that she might just very soon become a junior maiko! How exciting that we'll have another O-misedashi soon.

Ochaya
 I also met the okaasan of Kaishi Chou, Murasaki Kimono-san, who is a geiko. She played the shamisen beautifully.

Murasaki Kimono-san playing the shamisen (sorry about the bad quality)
Junior Maiko Hoshiteru-san
   

Minaraisan Tsukiyumi and me in the ochaya

The young shikomisan, whose name was Kirakishou-san, also showed her skills as she filled my tea cup once.

Me and shikomisan Kirakishou
After some time maikosan Hoshiteru and minaraisan Tsukiyumi decided to entertain us with a dance. They danced the Gion Kouta, a ballad for Gion. I was really delighted to see a performance.

Gion Kouta





After the dance we played an ozashiki- asobi (game) called 20 questions. Like I said last time, I never win, so I am always the one who drinks sake until he can't walk anymore. Well, this time I won! Okay, once and it was the last round, but still. I won.

After the Ozashiki I met the atotori of Kaishi Chou, Aiyuzuki-san, who is a lovely geikosan. And, by the way, oneesan (elder sister) of Tsukiyumi-san!

Hoshiteru-san and Aiyuzuki-san






No comments:

Post a Comment