Search This Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ozashiki in Kaishi Chou

After the debut (misedashi) ozashiki of maiko Kikumaru-san in Miyagawa-cho I rushed to Kaishi Chou, as the debut ended at 11 and the ozashiki in Kaishi Chou started at 11! A busy day.


In Kaishi Chou as soon as I had stepped inside noticed a familiar maiko. Hoshiteru-san, who had been with me in Hanafusa! She had changed clothes and was now wearing a full ozashiki outfit.

I sat down and had one more cup of tea, even though I had just had one in Hanafusa. But, I guess you can't have too much Japanese tea, because you'll be able to walk no matter how much you drink. If you try to do the same thing with sake, I doubt that you'll succeed.

Then, just as Hoshiteru took out her fan, I (by pure accident, of course) took out my camera. And, accidentally took a few (or a few more than that) photos of her.



Then, Hoshiteru-san rushed to the stage to perform a dance for us.

Maiko Hoshiteru-san performing a fan dance

It was a stunning and elegant fan dance. I enjoyed watching it very much and took many photos. It's a shame that I can't post them all in my blog. Or I could, but I thought you wouldn't like to watch 100 photos of one performance. So I try to choose the best ones for you.

Murasaki Kimono-san 
Kaishi Chou okaasan and geikosan Kimono had also dressed up in a full Ozashiki outfit. I don't see it so often, so I had to take a picture as she looked simply stunning while playing the shamisen to accompany Hoshiteru-san's fan dance.


Hoshiteru-san bowing after a performance
After that we started an o-zashiki asobi, or a game. This time we didn't play 20 questions because we had played it enough to notice that I can't win. And I won once, so what are the odds of me winning again? Besides, now I can say that "last time we played, I won!"

So we played a game called "Kagai". Simply, one person names an okiya, and another person has to say a maiko or a geiko who lives in that okiya. Or, it can be the other way around. One has to know the okiya of a certain maiko or geiko.

After the game Kimono-san performed a stunning performance. And I mean it. I was speechless. And that doesn't happen too often.














No comments:

Post a Comment