Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Reika - Lovely Petal

Reika, Mitsuhana Jr. Maiko

The first steps
"I have been in Mitsuhana for seven months. A total of nine and a half in Karyukai general. A maiko I have been for five full months. I am enjoying my rank, not rushing onto the next. I love the mystery of the Karyukai, I love the whole of Japanese culture. The language, how polite everyone is."

Specialty
"I have followed the footsteps of my Oneesan, and chosen Kyomai as my specialty. There is just something about a way a girl can express herself with her body. Her movements can portray a wide variety of emotions, telling a story without using words at all. I am also a Sensei. I teach emoting to the younger girls in the Okiya. Like Kyomai, emoting allows me express myself beyond the limitations that Second Life has. I can show the world what they should see, hear, taste, feel, and smell, but can't."

Being a Maiko
"Being in a higher rank, there is more pressure to be correct, less margin for error. Not only do younger girls look up to us maiko, but we are expected to represent the Okiya well to our patrons, and wherever we go. I love public performances. It gives me the opportunity to show what I can do, to make Mitsuhana look good.  I have an Imoutosan, the new Minarai Reiko chan. She just recently passed her exam! I have to be a good role model for her. I also have to correct her is she does something wrong. I also have to apologize those she has wronged. I have to impart all my knowledge to her, so she is prepared for anything she can be, and last but not least, I am her best friend, there to provide any support she needs."

Ozashiki
"The best in Ozashiki is the patrons definitely. We are there for them and they are the ones who make it fun for us!"

Future
"I just wish to be as knowledgeable as possible. I don't want to frame nor future, just to provide the patrons with the fantasy world they deserve!"

Reika 



No comments:

Post a Comment