Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Komomo - the Little Peach

Komomo, Mitsuhana Minarai 
Aiming to Geisha
"It all started with the Memoirs of a Geisha -movie. Of course I was interested in the Japanese culture before. But the movie made me to started to get hooked with Geisha. I wanted to learn more about the real Geisha, because I heard it had some parts wrong. I read several books on the topic and looked for a place in Second Life that would teach me more. And ultimately becoming a Geisha became my aim."

Little Peach
"I am fairly new minarai, I am minarai for only a month now. I love being a minarai, first of all because minarai is allowed to join her sisters during Ozashiki. I am learning a lot by watching and practicing at this point. I don't need to clean anymore, which I am really grateful for. Of course as one of the younger sisters I am always willing to help my elder sister wherever I can. Also I am allowed to dance and play instruments, as well as serving. It is great fun! For me it is hard to pick a favorite art, but I am planning to make dancing my specialization. My name, Komomo, I chose by following the tradition that part of your Oneesan's name would become yours. Since my Oneesan is the lovely Momoka, I became Komomo."

Tora Tora!
"Ozashiki allows me to meet a lot of new people. To learn about them, what they like and don't like. 
Maybe even their stories. I love meeting new people and it is always exciting to hear what they have to say. When it comes to activities, I love games. Especially Tora Tora!" 

In the future
"Our main duty is to become better by learning and practicing. So that one day we can become an honored maikosan. But of course, like I mentioned before, helping out each other is something that should be done at each rank. I look forward to become a maiko. I look forward to the darari obi, the long trailing one.. The lovely hanakanzashi.. when it comes to appearance. Otherwise of course learning more and getting better. Maiko are so elegant and yet so youthful. They just seem to be the image everyone has in mind when they hear the word "geisha". I am looking forward to my Misedashi, since then you are a fully accepted member of the Karyukai. Being Maiko is just.. great!" 

Life in Mitsuhana
"In Mitsuhana I love the most my sisters. I love the fact that we are all one big family. Everyone respects the other and is always there for you when you have questions and concerns. I should mention Okaasan too, she is a lovely person!"

Komomo-san

No comments:

Post a Comment