Search This Blog

Friday, December 26, 2014

New beginning

Konnichiwa, dear readers. It has been such a long time since I've written a word in this blog I once used to write with such dedication. It brings me great sorrow to realize it has almost been a year since I've attended any events of the Karyukai! I have no words to apologize enough, but life has been so busy and I have had to do so many things that I've barely had enough time for myself to sleep. 

I'd planned to return to Karyukai as soon as possible, but I am ashamed to say it took me eight long months. But, here I am. Now I have returned and I will continue my task of writing about and photographing the wonderful world of the Geisha. I hope to rebuild my relationship with each Hanamachi and Okaasan. I also hope to be informed about important events and times of Ozashiki, as I assume they have greatly changed during my absence. I apologize for not being there when I should have taken pictures of Misedashi and Erikae, and I warmly congratulate every new maiko and geiko! I am glad to see the Karyukai alive and growing. Lets make 2015 a great year for the Geisha, guardians of Japanese tradition and art, and us patrons! 


2 comments:

  1. How to get a job to be a Geisha in SL? Please let me now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many okiya in Second life. Depends on your time, money and dedication. I'm from Hanafusa okiya(he're's blog https://plus.google.com/communities/109539320128722362841) but there are many okiya(geisha boarding houses in second life)

      Delete